I do have a what can only be described as a passion for soups. There is just something special about a nice warming bowl that fills you up. This soup was served at last years christmas dinner but has since went though a “refinement”.
Celeriac is a very underated vegetable that looks like nothing you’ve seen before. It tastes of celery (as per the name) and has a almost parsnip like quality. It can be roasted, mashed or stewed. It goes really well with ginger creating a satifying soup.
Time: 1 hour Serves: Four
800g of celeriac
2 Large Maris Piper Potatoes
2 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil
1 thumb sized piece of ginger
1 Litre of chicken/vegetable stock
1 dash of double cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the celeriac, ginger, potatoes and onion and sweat in a soup pot with butter or oil for 10 minutes.
- Keep a few millimetre thin slices of celeriac and ginger. Coat in oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until crisp.
- Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blitz together with hand blender until smooth.
- Add cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with celeriac and ginger crisps on top.
1 thought on “No.8 Celeriac & Ginger Soup”
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?