I have to thank my wife’s granny, Betty, for these. I do drop subtle hints in the hope some may appear – and once made, they do not last long. This simple offering is almost like a cross between a shortbread and a flapjack.
Time: 45 minutes
4oz of Butter
2oz of Caster sugar
4oz of rolled oats
2oz of desicated coconut
1oz of plain flour
chocolate to decorate
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture and mix together.
- Transfer to your work surface and knead in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Cut in rounds 1 cm thick using a cutter.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 10-20 minutes until just turning golden brown on the edges.
- Decorate with chocolate i.e. melted white chocolate and milk chocolate buttons.