It’s date night and you want a simple to make dish but one that is going to impress – here is your answer! This is full of flavour being rich and sharp from the vinegar dressing. Also braising steak works well here with the vinegar tenderising the meat.
Time: 40 minutes Serves: 2
1 moderate sized rump or braising steak
10 Cherry tomatoes
2 handfuls of rocket
30g of parmesan grated
50ml of red wine vinegar
Teaspoon of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
- Half your cherry tomatoes and place bottom side down on a baking tray. Roast in the oven at 120 degrees Celsius for an hour to gently concentrate their flavour. Alternatively, use sun dried tomatoes.
- In a bowl add the red wine vinegar, red chilli and a dash of olive oil. Then leave this to the side.
- Salt and pepper your steak and add to a pan with rapeseed oil that is very hot. Cook your steak for as long as you like, I prefer medium when cooking rump.
- Once the steak is cooked add to the red wine vinegar mixture and soak for 1 minute each side. Remove and thinly slice.
- Place your rocket leaves on a large round plate. Add the “sun-dried” tomatoes and the steak. Sprinkle over the parmesan and drizzle with some of the red wine vinger.