It’s date night and you want a simple to make dish but one that is going to impress – here is your answer! This is full of flavour being both rich and sharp from the vinegar dressing. Also, braising steak works well here with the vinegar tenderising the meat.
Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Take your time
400g Rump Steak, Shoulder Steak or Braising steak
10 Cherry Tomatoes
2 handfuls of Rocket
30g of Parmesan (grated or peeled into strips)
50ml of Red Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon of Chilli Flakes or Aleppo Pepper
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil or Good Quality Rapeseed Oil
Salt and Pepper
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place bottom side down on a baking tray. Roast in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes to soften.
- In a sheet pan add the red wine vinegar, red chilli and oil.
- If using braising steak or a shoulder steak place the steak between two sheets of greaseproof paper and beat with a rolling pin to flatten and tenderise the meat.
- Salt and pepper your steak and add to an oiled pan on high. Cook your steak for 2-3 minutes on each side aiming for medium-rare to medium.
- Once the steak is cooked add to the red wine vinegar mixture for 1 minute each side. Remove and thinly slice.
- Place your rocket leaves and parmesan on a large round plate. Add the tomatoes and the steak. Drizzle with some of the red wine vinegar mixture.