Apricot and thyme is a combination that is rarely done apart from a yearly Christmas stuffing. These flavours work well in a “healthier” sausage roll compared to regular pork ones we all grew up eating. These will surprise your guests as they will think you have been up all night making them.
Time: 1 hour Makes: 12 large or 24 small
6 dried apricots
300g of minced turkey (preferablely thigh)
2 sprigs of thyme
1 heaped tablespoon of oats
300g of ready made puff pastry
1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
Handful of seeds i.e. linseeds
- Roughly chop the apricots, add to the oats, and mix both into the turkey mince. Add salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry in two long rectangles and place the turkey mixture in a long line down the centre, making sure the pastry will fold over the turkey mixture.
- Pull the pastry over to enclose the turkey mixture and Cut in varying sizes depending if you are going for small or large sausage rolls.
- On each piece add two scores and with a pastry brush coat each sausage roll with an egg wash. Sprinkle with seeds.
- Place in a 180 degrees Celsius oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.