I grew up on these as a kid and would always sneak into the fridge to get one more, then I would sneak back to get another not long after. They are so simple to make – no bake and taking no time to make. Be warned, they aren’t light on the calories!
These are made back in my hometown of Peterhead in a multitude of ways. Whether they use milk or white chocolate both are delicious, and I like to combine both these together. I prefer crunchy peanut butter to give a contrast of texture. Some people add desiccated coconut but I personally find it takes away from the sweet richness of this treat. Just make sure you do keep these in the fridge as they can become quite soft if left out.
Time: 20 minutes to make and 2 hours to chill
175g of Milk Chocolate
150g of White Chocolate
680g of Crunchy Peanut Butter
100g of Mini Marshmallows
80g of Butter
- Melt half the butter over a mixing bowl placed on top of a pan of just simmering water.
- Once the butter is melted add the milk chocolate and once melted add half the peanut butter.
- Stir until well combined. Remove from heat and mix through half the marshmallows.
- On a lined baking tin add dollops of the mixture leaving room for the white chocolate mix.
- Repeat step 1-4 using the white chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge for at least two hours to set before cutting. Store in the fridge.