This is a simple recipe but to get it right I advise weighing in grams even for the liquids to make it as accurate as possible. Also, cool the truffle mixture at room temperature until cool before putting in the fridge. This helps ensure the mixture doesn’t split.
Time: 20 minutes plus chilling time
Difficulty: Straight forward
100g of White Chocolate
50g double cream
Cocoa Powder for dusting.
1. Set a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water.
2. Add the chocolate, cream and rum and mix until well incorporated.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture in a container and leave to cool at room temperature until cooled. Then store in the fridge for an hour.
4. Set up a bowl with cocoa powder for dusting Divide the chocolate mixture in 10-12 squares. With cold hands roll one of the squares into a ball and drop into the cocoa powder.
5. Remove once throughly dusted with a spoon and repeat for the remaining squares.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat.