A simple summer soup for the long warm evenings. Perfect warm, or cold as a starter before getting the BBQ on.
Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Straight Forward
300g of Peas
1 Stalk of Celery
5 Mint leaves plus extra for decoration
750ml of Vegetable Stock
4 tablespoons of Ricotta
- Thinly slice the shallots and sweat in a little oil until softened.
- Chop the leek and the celery. Add to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, mint leaves and the stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove half the soup and blend with a hand blender. Return into the pot and stir.
- Taste the soap and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve in bowls with a tablespoon of Ricotta and a mint leaf.