This is a mor usual recipe and is inspired by a combination of Turkish milk desert and the my favourite pastry from 12 Triangles, blackberry and pistachio croissant. Pistachio and blackberry work perfectly together. Underlying notes of cardamon and bay further help bring together the dessert.
Optional you can run the pudding though a sieve to make sure you have no lump of corn flour left in the pudding. This also helps cool down the dessert faster if you are rush to get it in the fridge.
Time: 2x 15 minutes
Difficulty: Straight forward
600ml of Whole Milk
60g of Sugar
60g of Cornflour
60g of Pistachio Butter
4 Cardamom Pods
150g of Pistachio (non-roasted)
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
2 tablespoons of Water
Blackberry & Bay Coulis
2 Bay leaves
25ml of Lime Juice
25g of Sugar
- In a food processor add the pitaschios wi the vegetable oil and pulse until a fine crumb is formed. This can take 3-4 minutes.
- Add the water and continue pulsing till a smooth paste comes together.
- Store in a sterilsed jar till required.
Pudding & Coulis
- Make the coulis by add all the ingredients of the coulis in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Add all the ingredients for the pudding to a sauce pan. Whisk whilst bringing to simmer.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken keep whisking and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer to ramekins or pudding moulds. Leave to cool before placing in the fridge.
- Remove the bay leaves from the blackberry mixture. Bring to a simmer until thickened. Leave to cool before placing in the fridge.
- Once the coulis and puddings have been chilled for at least 2 hours remove from the moulds and serve with the coulis.