Any Italian would despair at this recipe in its authenticity, however, that’s not the point. This recipe is full of pantry staples and jars you’ve left abandoned in your fridge. A perfect quick, flavourful and filling meal.
Time: 10 Minutes
Difficulty: Straight Forward
200g of Spaghetti or Linguine
5 Sun Dried Tomatoes
2 tablespoons of Tomato Purée
4 cloves of Garlic
1 tablespoon of Capers
10 Black Olives
1 roasted Red Pepper (from a jar)
4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 tablespoon of Thai Fish Sauce
1 teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
1. Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile roughly chop the sun dried tomato, garlic, capers and pepper. De-stone and half the olives.
3. Add the oil to a large pan. Add the tomato paste and the chopped tomato, garlic and capers. Cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Now add the olives, pepper, chilli flakes and fish sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Once cooked drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Mix well.
6. Serve with grated hard cheese like parmesan or lincolnshire poacher.