This is not really a recipe but more of a technique. Essential by using two temperatures of the oven and salting the beef the day before you can have perfectly well Browned roast that is tender. After trying this many times it has became my preferred way of roasting beef.
You ideally want 180-200g of beef per person. Topside or silverside are traditional for making a roast, and don’t use bisket as it needs a Use the best beef dripping you can find.
750g-1.5kg joint of Topside or Silverside
3 tablespoons of Beef Dripping
Salt and Pepper
1. Season the joint with salt and pepper.
2. Place on a wire rack above metal tray. Leave uncovered in the fridge over night
On the day
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius
2. Take the beef with the tray and rack out of the fridge. Insert an electric thermometer into the beef.
3. Place in the oven and cook until it reaches 50 degrees.
4. Remove from the oven and reduce to 140 degrees Celsius.
5. Place the dripping on top of the meat and return to the oven till it reaches 63 degree Celsius.
6. Remove from the oven and rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.