As the autumn nights roll in and the seasons begin to change you come to a unique time when both figs and pomegranates are in season. This salad pays homage to that union between these “eastern” fruits. Both add rich flavours that work well together with preserved lemon, almond and goats cheese to produce that once a year salad to remember.
Also this salad looks visually stunning and will look awesome for the family arriving for tea! Just don’t be like me and forget to add the pomegranate seeds.
3 slices of Preserved Lemon
1 handful flaked almond
Drizzle Olive oil or cold pressed rapeseed oil
goats cheese (optional)
Serves: 4 as side, 2 as main
Time: 20 minutes
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves. Assemble one layer on plate.
- Add half the figs sliced, half the cheese and half the preserved lemon peel diced.
- Drizzle with a dash of oil and lay on top the remaining spinach leaves.
- Add the remain lemon peel on top with the flaked almond, figs (sliced) and goat cheese. Sprinkle with Pomegranate.
- Drizzle with oil. Add a pinch of salt.