The name for this recipe could be better but this name has seemed to stick. These meat balls are quick to make and full of flavour.
I normally use lamb mince but vension mince does work well too. Just be careful not to overcook the meatballs if using vension, or they will be dry. Cranberries and walnuts bring a winter and almost festive feel to these meatballs. The oils from the meats and the walnuts mean you need relatively little oil to fry them.
Serve with plenty of cranberry sauce and potatoes.
Time: 20 minutes
300g of Lamb Mince
50g of Dried Cranberries
50g of Walnuts
50g of Bread crumbs
1. Roughly chop the walnuts and the cranberries before adding to the mince.
2. Add salt, pepper and the egg to the mince. With your hands mix together until evenly combined.
3. Make meatballs. Don’t make them too big.
4. Fry in a small amount of oil until browned and cooked. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
5. Serve with cranberry sauce.