This is possibly the easiest gelato you can make. Perfect for beginners or those who just want a simple milk ice cream. Instead of eggs yolks, cornflour is used to thicken the gelato. Make sure you weigh out the ingredients exactly as any difference and the texture will be off.
Time: 15 Minutes the day before and 60 Minutes on the day
Difficulty: Straight Forward
100g of Granulated Sugar
1L of Full Fat Milk
50g of Cornflour
½ teaspoon of Salt
1. If using an ice cream maker that requires the bowl to be chilled put in your freezer for at least 24 hours.
2. In a pan whisk together all the ingredients until no lumps of cornflour remain.
3. Bring the pan to a simmer and whisk until the mixture has thickened. About 5-10 minutes.
4. Pour into a container and leave to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
On the Day
1. Set up the ice cream maker.
2. Turn on the machine and add the milk mixture from the day before.
3. Let the machine churn the gelato until set. This should take 30-45 minutes dependant on your machine. Serve immediately.