Beware of the dry cornbread that is the bane of any BBQ. This cornbread bucks this trend by being moist and something you will actually want to eat. This is based off a corndog batter so perfect to use for that purpose too.
Time: 45 Minutes
Difficulty: Straight Forward
125g Plain Flour
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
½ teaspoon of Chilli Powder
½ teaspoon of Salt
2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
225ml of Milk
1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
2 tablespoons of Frozen Sweetcorn
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a loaf tin with butter or oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl, apart from the sweetcorn. Mix well to form a rough batter.
- Butter a loaf tin then pour in the batter. Top with the sweetcorn.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.